Summer Students — 2017
Cassidy Levy Kent (Canada) LLP is looking to hire one second-year summer student in 2017. Summer students are invaluable members of the CLK team and work on the full spectrum of matters handled in our office. This includes trade remedy litigation (i.e. anti-dumping and countervailing duty cases), trade policy and free trade negotiation advice, export controls and economic sanctions advice, and procurement complaints and defences. We regularly appear for our clients before various administrative bodies and courts, such as the Canada Border Services Agency, the Canadian International Trade Tribunal, the United States Department of Commerce, and the Federal Court of Appeal, and we are passionate about our work.
Summer students assist in research, brainstorming, and drafting in a hands-on, open, and collegial atmosphere. Generally, an ideal summer student will:
- Have excellent research and drafting skills and be a strong communicator;
- Have completed one or more courses in international trade or administrative law, whether in law school or at the undergraduate level, and have a strong interest in our areas of practice; and
- Think creatively and challenge our ideas.
We mainly work with business and financial information and concepts, so knowledge of accounting, economics, or finance is an extremely valuable asset. Proficiency in a foreign language is also a valuable asset.
Our compensation package is among the most competitive in the Ottawa market.
If you are interested in applying for a summer 2017 summer position, please send your application by email to Judy Green at firstname.lastname@example.org, by courier or by hand by January 18, 2017, with:
- A short cover letter;
- Your resume;
- A copy of your transcripts (law school, undergraduate, graduate as applicable);
- List of upper year courses;
- A list of at least 2 references from employers or professors; and,
- A short writing sample.
Please do not hesitate to contact Judy Green, either by email or by telephone at (613) 368-4174, should you have any questions.
We look forward to hearing from you.